Sunday, March 20, 2005



I'm doing backflips because I go back to work tomorrow. Another vacation, sadly over. Next scheduled event: the annual Good Friday gathering at O'Reily's. No more alcohol in the morning, no more live college basketball, no more goofing off...well, all day goofing off. Umm, what is that Mega Millions up to? My Sonic franchise is calling me.

Meal of Links

Longtime fave Sandra Bullock is 40. And still making movies and loooking as good as ever.

DaimlerChrysler says hydrogen cars by 2012. I think the new Innerbelt Bridge will be done by then, if you need a reference point.

The case of Terry Schiavo lives on. This case seems to have attracted its share of nuts, from the mouth tapers to Ten Commandments guy driving around FLA to of all people, Bo Gritz, who got arrested yesterday. Seems Bo wanted to make citizens arrests in the case. That hasn't happened since this guy tried it.



Exercise Yard

The two second round games at the Bart were pretty good. My bracket blew up right in front of me as I saw Wake Forest, my pick to win it all, lose in double overtime to West Virginia and their roid-riddled male cheerleading squad. They did a test of strength with the one-handed lift and I think the Mountaineer is still lifting that girl, as I write.

Chris Paul needed to take the game over earlier than he did for Wake. WVU had a great effort as local boy, Mike Gansey, did real well. Wake's lack of defense got them a lot earlier in this tournamant than I thought. I mean, WVU over 100 points? And Coach Prosser's post-game comments about "protecting higher seeds", because it was a supposed home game for WVU, is nutty. I thought Thursday's crowd was more loaded with actual WVU people. The crowd always loves the underdog. Skip, you play...to win...the game. I don't care if Duke and UNC played in Charlotte, mind your own bidness.

In Game 1, BC acted as if they had never seen a press and got whipped by this year's Cinderella, Wisconsin-Milwaukee. I have rarely seen a team on any level get so thoroughly befuddled by a press. Al Skinner coached this game almost as thoughtfully as Alabama's coach on Thursday. Crowd was for UWM in a big way, but adjustments don't seem to be Skinner's forte.

The team I wish I had respected a bit more was Washington. An undersized team, they hit the boards crazy like a Michigan State or a Pitt. Tough team.



Those expressions absolutely slay me.

Visitor

None, it's Palm Sunday.

No comments: