Saturday, March 19, 2005



I'm changing my social statements from bracelet wearing to message taped over mouth.

BTW, I ordered U2 tickets this morning. Amazingly, I had to do it the old-fashioned way...via the phone. Their server was hosed. If you could get to the purchase page, the image of the secret word would not show up. Then if you escaped back to the main page, it was the old "Unable to Connect to Server" page. So I had to go to Plan B, the Ma Bell route, and actually got in over the phone.

You learn something new every day, because if your order exceeds $500 at Ticketmaster, they will not send tickets via regular mail. The options were e-mail, UPS or Will Call. You actually get hardcopy tickets with UPS or Will Call. I opted for the e-mail tickets because I didn't want to give those bastards any more money.

I already received them via the e-mail. It's pretty cool.

As the Ticketmaster gal said, we are going to see the U2 "Ver-tee-go" tour.

Meal of Links

19 Entertainment got bought by the man who owns Elvis. With a hunka, hunka burning cash.

Freddie Couples is the latest to drop an F-bomb on TV. Golf is such a relaxing game.



Holy hell, it's Holy Week.

Exercise Yard

Robbie Alomar retired today. A sure bet for the Hall of fame when he left Cleveland, but ever since then, he has been a shadow of his former self. World Series titles will help him, but he's probably a borderline pick.

If I hear Clark Kellogg say "Germain Mopa Njila" one more time on CBS today, I will hit him.

Visitor

20 Across: 40's-50's shortstop (5 letters) Answer: Reese

No comments: