Sunday, March 27, 2005

I put aside hoops for a time this a.m. to finally watch the latest episode of "The Apprentice". This week's corporate placement was done by Home Depot. The winning team built a box and they won. Are you kidding me? The chick from Home Depot said it was one of the best "Do-It-Yourself" clinics that she had seen. My God, I may have to shop at Lowe's now. The losing team tried to build a utility cart, which I thought Stephanie had suggested, but editing must have led me away from the actual idea coming from Angie. But Erin got fired after not keeping her mouth shut and what was with her winking after what she thinks are clever comebacks? Carolyn didn't like that at all. At least Erin brought some fun to the proceedings. It's pretty obvious Angie won't make it. "Young Tobacco Addict" will not make it. I think they may have to change teams again, but I'm thinking Bren, Alex and Kendra are looking good, as it stands now. Craig, er, nope. No one likes prayer meetings at work. Stephanie, I don't think so. Tana...hopefully a higher being intercedes before she's picked.

Meal of Links

A Tom Sizemore update. Probably won't do much time on his latest conviction.

Clear Channel develops a live Internet concert series. We'll see if this flies. People get music from so many non-Clear Channel methods, I'm not sure traffic will be driven to their sites.

The Pope did a pop-up by his window this a.m. The man is really media-savvy.

Exercise Yard

Cannot imagine how Illinois beat Arizona yesterday. An amazing comeback in front of a really loud partisan crowd for Illinois. Hard to figure how Salim Stoudamire (who might be the next Iverson from a can't-stand-to-lose perspective) from Zona does not get the ball at the end of OT.



"Lemme think this through...Get it to my forward so he can dribble lots of time off the clock. Make sure he's 20 feet from the basket. Try a ball fake and then throw up a prayer. Don't have my best player or big man touch the ball. Let's do it. 1-2-3-LOSE!"



Maybe this old squad leader called the play.

And remember what I said about end-of-game celebrations. The slo-mo of the Illinois bench emptying onto the court is hilarious. There are student managers running and hopping on the court with absolutely no idea what to do once they get to the pack.

Visitor

None, it's Easter Sunday.

No comments: