Monday, March 28, 2005

Burger King is now officially trying to kill us with their latest creation, the Enormous Omelet Sandwich. This monstrosity has more calories and fat than a Whopper. At least it's not known as an "Enormous Omelet Sandwiches".
I mention that because of the McDonald's commercial that ran countless times during the NCAAs. That girl who says, "a woman is like a McGriddles." Isn't it a McGriddle, singular? Can't her friend speak up and say, "It's McGriddle, you idiot!" I've never had a McGriddle and probably won't because of this annoying ad. I expect her closing line to be "a woman is like coffees." It makes me think of Mr. Mike from the old SNL...I want to put spikes in my eyes every time this comes on.

Meal of Links

The drummer for Crowded House, Paul Hester, hanged himself in a park in Australia. Very sad, as they were a great band. The youngsters may know him as Paul the Cook from The Wiggles.

Sheesh. Another McDonald's item. Mickey D's is offering Benjamins to hip-hop artists who work the words "Big Mac" into their songs. "White Castle fries only come in one size."

There is a new way to treat cat allergies. Of course, more study is needed.

My God, there is a woman on my TV saying, right now, that Terri Schiavo is "very verbal". Who are these people? This friend says she talked with Terri and when she mentioned dancing, both of Terri's arms would raise up. Incredible. It's interesting that as the end approaches, she certainly is getting peppier.

Exercise Yard

Mexico beat the USA in a World Cup qualifier. All signs point to Mexico regaining top club status in the region. I've been in Azteca Stadium and when you have 110,000 partisan fans, it is an impressive sight.

Visitor

49 Across: West of old films (3 letters) Answer: Mae

No comments: