Saturday, March 26, 2005

Had a nice late Good Friday afternoon at O'Riely's at Cedar Center yesterday. Terrific crab cake sammie and a few Harps. But here are some thoughts I had while running a few errands today:

One station at NCB hasn't replaced their pens in months.

There was a guy at the bank with a Blue Man Group cap on. I laughed hysterically to myself.

XM actually played a song by Blancmange today. Blancmange!

The guy manning the Kronheim's sign at West 130th was waving his hand. Seems harmless, until you realize it is a white glove the size of a Mickey Mouse hand.

I needed to buy some vodka for Bloody Marys. So I go to Southland Beverage and all of a sudden, there are a lot of people in the vodka section. Typical chatter on how good Belvidere or Three Olives is, while I'm waiting for them to leave, so I can buy Kamchatka. I mean there should be a separate section for vodka, if you need it for Bloody Marys. I felt like I needed to explain my purchase to all involved.

At Marc's, I was in line behind Impatient Bastard Old-Timer. He couldn't wait for his wife to get two items, so she shows up, while he's checking out in front of me. Then he started pushing my cart out of the way, while I'm paying. Hey, slow down, fool.

I finally figured out the Vytorin commercial. I am an idiot.

Meal of Links

The song in the iPod Shuffle commercial is "Jerk It Out" by The Caesars. Kind of peppy.

Bobby Fischer in exile in Iceland, bashes the US again. But what really hurts is he says "Chess is dead."

FHM picks Angelina Jolie as the sexiest woman on earth. Tough to argue.

Exercise Yard

My big upset in the NCAAs Villanova over North Carolina did not take place. I am in a precarious position with my brackets. I thought CBS was going to rip me off and not allow me to enjoy the final 14 seconds of the Duke game. But they did, letting me see Coach K lose. Even Tom Izzo has had enough of him.



Gee, we finally get to see Louisville today.

Visitor

2 Down: 1992 Lifetime Achievement Grammy winner (7 letters) Answer: Hendrix

No comments: