Sunday, February 20, 2005

Remember that old US Army commercial, "Dawn Patrol"? That was me this a.m as I was pretty sure I was going to get my Sunday paper. I do have a new delivery guy, per a note I received this week. So was last week's missing paper a delivery error? Taking no chances, at 6:22, I checked to see if the paper was there, but it hadn't arrived yet. No fresh footprints in the snow, as well. However, "the bait" arrived a few minutes later. We are creatures of habit, so I was able to eliminate some suspicions. Namely, the random early walker theory, as there were no pedestrians before 7:00. One of my remaining theories is that "neighbor who still has Christmas tree lit", you know, the Thanksgiving Leaf Blower, or a visitor of theirs took it. I've entered today's activity in my Captain's Log for future reference.

Speaking of the PD, did anyone read the stalking story in the PDQ section? This guy sees a woman in the gym stretching her foot over head and becomes immediately interested. I mean, who wouldn't be? They waste some ink detailing this guy's not wanting to violate the "code of the gym" by socializing with her. Either the guy should call Nicky Cage to break the code or he should quit the gym and stalk her oustide, right?

Meal of Links



Josh Smith wore Dominique's old uni and won the NBA Slam Dunk contest last night with an old-school Wilkins' windmill. That boy's got some hops.

They found a human ear on a Manchester street. Watch out for this guy:



We get to see some of Bush's off-the-record comments before the 2000 election. But 9/11 changed everything.

Exercise Yard

It took Bernard Hopkins about 5 rounds to figure out Howard Eastman on HBO Boxing last night, on his way to a unanimous decision. Eastman was eating a lot of punches in this bout. But it was Hopkins' 20th title defense, an amazing feat for a guy who is now 40 years old. This was another show from LA, all of a sudden, the new hotbed of boxing.

Visitor

None, it's Daytona 500/NBA All-Star Game Sunday.

No comments: