Saturday, February 19, 2005

Dislodging these thoughts from my brain:

Did anyone see my Dad on the front page of the Plain Dealer yesterday? Wait a minute, that was a different 100-year old bowler.

How geeky am I if I Tivo "Fox News Watch" each week?

Is it OK to laugh during the OnStar infomercial? The radio spots are bad enough, but now they've invaded my TV. They always start with something innocent like, "Hello, OnStar? My car is upside down in a swamp." Then OnStar Guy says something like, "Would you like us to call for an ambulance?" Victim replies, "I haven't had my life threatened in a while, so I think I'll see if I drown. Call them, but tell them not to hurry, OK?"

The ESPN commercial with Scott Van Pelt and the non-fainting Spelling Bee kid makes me laugh every time.

Overheard at Giant Eagle today. Woman on cellphone: "Darla nearly creamed her pants when that "Troy" video with Brad Pitt came on." BTW, they also rented "Taxi" and "Saw". A quantity-over-quality purchase, I guess.

The curse of Marc's continues. Latest bill: $25. I think I went there for Tussin and ended up with more. And I just realized I forgot shaving cream.

I failed to mention Martin Short was on "Arrested Development" last week. He was playing an old fitness guy like Jack LaLanne, who had lost the use of his legs during a live broadcast of "Good Morning Syracuse" a few years back. He refused to use a wheelchair and had to be carried everywhere by this big guy named Dragon. Very funny. Ed Begley, Jr. is a recurring hairless character who was trying on a long blond wig. He had a great reference with "I look like Edgar Winter."

Debbie Gibson is gonna shake her love in Playboy. Good grief.

Meal of Links

Remember when Hillary Clinton fainted a while back It was her tight thong that caused it.

There was a big cosmic explosion back in December. And I thought it was that guy's stomach growling behind me at "The Aviator".

Not liking the new Warner Bros. cartoons. Why not update the writing to "I feel so crunk, Doc."

Exercise Yard

My beloved Miami RedHawks had a huge win over Wichita State in a Bracket Buster game today. Their high RPI probably gets them an at-large bid to the NCAAs if they do not win the MAC.

Visitor

9 Down: "Carousel" choreographer (7 letters) Answer: DeMille

No comments: