Saturday, January 29, 2005

Finally watched this week's version of "The Apprentice". Or was it the "Bates Motel"? What a disaster this group is. "Brass Balls" guy got the boot this week and I must say, that was no surprise. I've never seen a project manager as hated as him. One thing that is evident in this version is the liberal use of the word "fuck". Even used in the boardroom this week. Not good.

Verna, who I understand is a Microsoft employee, buckles under the pressure? What are they doin' at Microsoft these days? Anyhow, that was a highlight of Reality TV history when she is wandering through the streets of Jersey, dragging her suitcase, seemingly walking home. All that was missing was the classic reality line, "Turn off the cameras!!" Carolyn to the rescue!! Verna kept saying, "I've learned a valuable lesson." Carolyn's reply, "I don't know what lesson you've learned." In the boardroom, Trump, not wanting to get sued, said he likes comebacks and Verna made a terrific one. Hey, Donald, she's crazier than Crazy Stacie. Her sympathetic teammates were awesome. "Well, I guess, she buckled under the pressure, you know. But we're glad she's OK. But if she cost us this task!!..." Beautiful. Someone goes catatonic, but if it affects me...well, there'll be hell to pay.

Someone quits next week. It's probably not Verna. I always watch the "street interviews" during the tasks, because if they film a person on different days (you know, different clothes and locations), I assume they will be on for a while. Right now, the bulk of those interviews seem to be going to Alex, Bren, Danny, Erin, Audrey, John and Tana (who makes me ill). My sense is that Craig is quitting. He has skated through two episodes with one task comment, one boardroom comment and no street interviews. There seems to be strong sentiment for a woman this time out, but I don't see who that might be yet.

Meal of Links

A fake VW ad has an interesting take on a suicide bomber. Surprised no one has actually advertised with this slant.

The Iraqis go to the polls today. I saw people casting absentee ballots in New Jersey. I would hope Iraqis in the UK and other countries have the same privilege. Wouldn't want an election on our soil to be rigged in any way.

A review of the Mac Mini. Best Buy, at least online, is selling them.

Exercise Yard

I wake up to find that Sammy Sosa nmight be traded to the Orioles. Short fences at Camden. Might be a good fit.

Visitor

54 Down: "Golf Begins at Forty" author (5 letters) Answer: Snead

No comments: