Saturday, December 18, 2004

"You got to dance with who brung ya, swing with who swung ya, don't be a big old fool..." I violated that rule of drinking yesterday. The bartender at A.J. Rocco's offered to do shots with me. I don't normally do shots, but I was feeling festive. Not being choosy about the food groups, I had a shot of vodka, then a touch later, a shot of tequila. A chaser, what's that? In addition to the run-of-the-mill (maybe run-of-the-gin-mill?) vat of bourbon. BTW, Brendan runs a neat little place at A.J. Rocco's with an awesome photo of Bob Marley hanging prominently. But I feel spry today and was able to attend my hair appointment on time. Of course, I did show up for that appointment last week, only to realize I was a week early. Prompt, but addle-minded.

Meal of Links

Jessica Simpson's Dad comments on her cans. Thanks, Pops.

Since my recap of "The Apprentice" blew up, this one tells the story.

In China, Pizza Hut allows only one trip to the salad bar. It takes a structural engineer to build a salad worthy of the price.

Exercise Yard

The mean folks at Adelphia have offered me an early Christmas present as the NFL Network has joined their channel lineup. This is like TV crack. Fittingly, the first show I see is "In Their Own Words: Hank Stram". Omigod, it's "65 Toss Power Trap", "keep matriculating the ball down the field, boys" and "Gloster, where's Gloster?" I may never go outside again.

Visitor

44 Across: Metallica drummer Ulrich (4 letters) Answer: Lars

No comments: