Sunday, December 19, 2004

Action News is in full Armageddon mode. These clowns have extended their 7 a.m news to 11 a.m. For fans of "Face the Nation" and "CBS Sunday Morning, well, you'll just have to watch those shows overnight, because it's snowing. Biff is now doing the weather and when he says, "We are still waiting for those Lake Huron bands to develop" and "This Arctic air is really dry", my spider sense starts tingling and you realize they may have blown another forecast. Oh, it's snowing, but it seems more like a wind problem today.

I had been watching "Fox News Sunday" earlier and my, is Brit Hume Mr. Grumpy. But I wonder of they sell lots of local ads during that show. Because one of the commercials was for "The Clapper"! It makes a great gift, BTW. My guess is the old lady in bed on that ad has probably graduated to "fallen, but can't get up" mode by now.

Meal of Links

Next week's NY Times Top 10 Non-Fiction list is really scary. Jon Stewart is #1 and Dylan #2. Stephen King's Red Sox book is #3 and George Carlin is #5. Clay Aiken is (gulp!) #6. What happened to my country?

What's going on at "Survivor" tapings? I get the feeling Jeff Probst has been interested in seeing the "dailies" for quite some time.

For all those who supposedly were scared of Santa. You have company.

Exercise Yard

Glen "The Road Warrior" Johnson showed a lot of heart by defeating Antonio Tarver in a really good fight on HBO last night. Tarver blatantly took the 10th round off and it probably cost him the decision. I don't think I've ever heard a more modest, gracious winner than Johnson. In boxing especially, that is rare.

BTW, they had a rerun of Klitschko-Williams on as well. Why does Klitschko's nickname "Dr. Ironfist" make me laugh out loud every time I hear it?

Visitor

None, it's Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so much has hit me today; your inspiring words and like a smack in the face, yesterday's newspaper caught in an updraft. Whack! Just wanted to let you know S is safe and dreams are real. Eat all your cornbread, and never order the oysters in a hot dog shack... your faithful Lemony Snicket