Wednesday, December 22, 2004

I had a good day yesterday, because I got an unexpected Christmas bonus. Hooray! Then we had a little work gathering at the Cavs game last night. But since Bron Bron showed up, the old floor boxes with the table and swivel chairs (oh, how I wanted to swivel) have been replaced by two rows of four folding chairs. Doh! Anyhow, I had a really good time and drank a lot, because we had curb service and I wasn't paying. Actually, I had drinks at three different places before the game and didn't pay at any of them. Alesci's, of course. Then Hairy Buffalo, off of my list now, because you have to put your name on a waiting list to get a table. It is a bar last time I looked. Then inside the Gund at The Depot, which is the little bar adjacent to the floor seats. They only charge $10 for a double. Sometime in the second half, I had my lampshade moment which consisted of a thunder stick with the word "unit" on it and the words Randy Johnson uttered by yours truly.

Meal of Links

NYC comics may be going on strike. No joke.

There's no such thing as the Sanity worm. I'm here all week, try the veal.

Don Knotts stars in a movie about "Dubya". He's a fine dramatic actor.

Exercise Yard

I never get tired of the Indians annual signing of Jason Bere. "Clean your oven."

Visitor

36 Down: Journalist Claire Boothe ( letters) Answer: Luce

No comments: