Monday, November 08, 2004

Isolation Thought

This day did not start out well, as I didn't get my morning paper delivered. That just sucks when that happens, especially after a Browns game. Then that means I cannot do the crossword at lunch. The newspaper is so much a part of the waking up routine. You know, getting rid of eye snot, scratching yourself and coughing up a major loogie. I mean who among us doesn't do that?

But I went to the CSU-Ohio Dominican exhibition basketball game. For years CSU has been pretty light on the dance team and cheerleading squad, but it looks like they may have full squads this year. Dance team especially looks like they have one or two girls who are using this as a stepping stone to the Cavs Dance Team. I guess I won't doze off during the game anymore. I suggest playing "Love Shack" during every timeout. CSU won. I think it was like 100-78 or something.

Meal of Links

Oh my. I watched the first episode of "My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss" and it made me laugh out loud a couple of times. It's a keeper. And there are a couple of cuties on this one, as well. Instead of "You're fired!", it's "Get the hell out of my office!"

Jim Belushi is suing Julie Newmar, the old Catwoman. A pur-r-r-r-r-fectly per-r-r-r-r-plexing story.

Michael Madsen joins the ESPN poker series "Tilt". I can actually picture him in the role of Don Everest, aka "The Matador". I hope he busts someone in the face.

Exercise Yard

God bless Raymond Bourque of the Bruins, now a Hockey Hall of Famer. The night he gave up the No. 7 sweater for 77 on Phil Esposito Night (to permanently retire the No. 7), epitomizes why hockey fans revere their legendary players.

Visitor

18 Down: Mel of the Giants (3 letters) Answer: Ott

No comments: