Sunday, November 07, 2004

Isolation Thought

I'm sure you've floated through the shopping channels and have noticed this weird guitar-playing dude, Esteban. I may be late to the party on this one, but now he's selling his guitar in a half-hour infomercial, which is pretty cheesy. He has a live audience, while he goes on about why his guitar is the best. I've often wondered about the crowds who show up at these things, do they get free product or free coffee? I mean I can't see sitting in some studio for hours to say something profound like, "Set it...and forget it!" Or my favorite, the nodding in agreement with what the host is saying, while looking demonically at the person next to you, as if to convince them to buy the product.

Meal of Links

California passed the law that pumps $3 billion into stem-cell research. Flood gates are officially open.

Here's the backstory on why the Jay Z. and R. Kelly tour crashed and burned. My favorite line about R.: "McDonald's makes him feel like a regular person." Ha ha ha.

Mexico is running out of donkeys. We seem to have plenty of jackasses running around ths town, if you need 'em.

Exercise Yard

I was waiting for a long time for the Kostya Tszyu/Sharmba Mitchell fight yesterday. Tszyu is my favorite fighter (he's the best pound-for-pound right now) and he's been off two years, battling some health issues. But it took him only three rounds to knock out Mitchell, in a fight I can only describe as beautiful.

Visitor

None, it's Sunday.

No comments: