Thursday, November 25, 2004

Isolation Thought

Nothing beats starting Thanksgiving with Hangover Remedy No. 76, some Gatorade and a few whole wheat pretzel twists. Gatorade should come out with a milk flavor, so I could pour it over Raisin Bran. Anyhow, there is some serious stuff falling from the sky right now. It appears to be rain, freezing rain and snow all lumped together. Kinda noisy, but I didn't plan on having to scrape my car today. But it lasted all of about 2 minutes. My Thanksgiving priorities are out of whack just a bit, when my main goal is to find a Daily Racing Form for tomorrow's action. Most head to the malls, I head to the track.

Mushy time: Hopefully, we all have many things to be thankful for. Number one on my list is all of my friends and family. I consider myself lucky to have somehow stumbled upon such a great group of people and their participation in my life causes me to be eternally grateful.

BTW, a huge pox should be sent Kmart's way. Why is this store open on Thanksgiving? Give your workers a break. It reminds of the old Zayre's stores. Remember when they were the first to have 24-hour shopping during the holidays? I guess it worked because they kept doing it, but have you ever been in a messier store during December? Can't fault them too much though, because I bought Devo's first album there, and I have a bit of fondness for them.

Meal of Links

Murphy and Tabish found not guilty of Ted Binion's death. Their first trial was covered in the book, "Positively Fifth Street", a terrific book about poker by James McManus. One of the best reads I've had in a long time.

Tom Shales checks in with some "Seinfeld" commentary. I watch these shows, know what's coming and I still laugh out loud.

Here is a list of the Top 50 cover songs ever.

Exercise Yard

Be thankful we have LeBron. Probably the greatest star this town has had since Jim Brown. And he's not yet 20 years old.

Visitor

47 Across: "Losing My Religion" band (3 letters) Answer: REM

No comments: