Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Isolation Thought

I failed to mention I was traumatized on Sunday at Giant Eagle. No, it wasn't 15 items packed in 15 paper bags. Well, it was, but that was not the reason for horror. The lines were long and I was in a hurry to watch the Browns game. I finally moved into the on-deck slot, where you put your items on the belt while waiting to pay. Then I notice this lady in front of me looking at what I bought and suddenly I became very territorial. I noticed she was eyeing my jar of cocktail sauce. I had purchased a jar of Heluva Good. Then I see her actually pick up the jar and start reading the label. Then she put it back. I must say, this freaked me out and I couldn't speak.

Who does this in line? Who picks up one of your items without asking? Why not a "Hey, I noticed that jar." or "Mmmm, I didn't know Heluva Good made cocktail sauce." or "Why don't I mind my own freakin' business and not pick up that jar and annoy that guy." I mean I don't make comments like, "Who buys Trix cereal, you loser." or "Milk of Magnesia. Oh, who has a sore tum-tum?" or "Cheetos suck, old-timer!" I'm still amazed. Please, if you see me at the grocery, keep your meathooks off of my stuff. And speed up the line.

Meal of Links

A trip down memory lane. The 1984 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Only 20 years ago, but it seems we were not too picky about our entertainment value back then.

This billboard of our President congers up images of a an old travelogue from say, China or Russia.

Dan Rather is leaving CBS News. The race to find his replacement is tighter than the lugnuts on a '55 Ford.

Exercise Yard

It'll cost you more to see the Red Sox next year. Make that the World Series Champion Boston Red $ox.

Visitor

36 Across: Singer Apple (5 letters) Answer: Fiona

No comments: