Saturday, November 13, 2004

Isolation Thought

First concession to the holiday season: the purchase of the Christmas cards.

However, with apologies to U2 (think of me the next time you see the iPod commercial):

Uno, dos, tres, quatorce

Hello hello
From Aisle 9 of Giant Eagle-O
They sell me shit that I don't even know
Except they give me these 10-for-10 deals
Deals

Of course, I was at the Iggle and that tune popped into my head. Not just because of the 10-for-$10 items, like apple juice. That one always cracks me up. I never buy apple juice and I see it in the weekly and actually say, "Mmmm. That's a good deal on apple juice. Maybe I'll get a couple. Doh!" Progresso is good on a 10-for-10, apple juice is not.

All of the shelves are now festooned with "We've lowered our prices" tags. As my Dad says, "Hah. Lower prices. See, they admit they've been screwin' ya for years. And we keep goin' back."

Anyhow, I needed to buy some barbecue sauce and has anyone seen this brand, "Bone Suckin' Sauce"? Now, maybe if you're local grocer was Doc Johnson or even Mr. Whipple, but I'm not sure I could buy it, in fear of a price check.

Meal of Links

Looks like Cheney lost his breath about a month late.

Modest Mouse is on SNL tonight. They'll do "Float On" and "Ocean Breathes Salty". I really like those two songs.

Lawyer watches "Law and Order". Says, "Hey, that's me." Sues. "Law and Order" writers get idea. Ripped from the headlines. Same lawyer watches that show and...

Exercise Yard

A UC Bearcat with a worldwide following.

Visitor

37 Down: Erich Weiss's stage name (7 letters) Answer: Houdini

No comments: