Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Isolation Thought

How frustrating. I was listening to "Burning Inside" by Ministry this a.m., which requires you to drive at least 87 mph. The woman in front of me on Route 8 decides that'd be a nice stretch of road to do her eyes. Now I've been bumped twice by women who decided to apply makeup and not pay attention, so when I see it in action, it pisses me off. I don't think you see many guys leaving the house without any pants on, when they are running late. Just wake up 5 minutes earlier, would that hurt anything?

And I was in such a good mood until that point because one of two songs I permit myself to dance to while driving was on. There are two danceable songs while driving: "Roam" by the B-52's and "Our House" by Madness. Everything else is fair game for singing, but those are the only two with which you can do a legitimate dance. Don't even compare applying makeup to dancing. I can still dance and drive 87 mph.

Meal of Links

Nicky Hilton's marriage lasted 60 times longer than Britney Federline's first one.

Phil Spector wants the grand jury documents to remain sealed.

Tyra Banks shows her bling-bling.

Exercise Yard

Al Leiter does a great job on the Fox baseball coverage, now that Tim McCarver has gone senile. But have you noticed when Fox runs a certain-angled replay, they insert the sound effect of a crack of the bat. I don't get that at all. At least they dumped the exploding radar sound effect. But "Scooter" needs to go. Do not interrupt a game to have a cartoon explain what a curveball is.

Visitor

14 Across: Reagan advisor Nofziger (3 letters) Answer: Lyn

No comments: