Saturday, August 28, 2004

Isolation Thought

Sat in the Terrace Club for last night's Indians game. No, not in the prime window area, but at a regular table. I have pretty much decided if I go to the Terrace Club, it's really a chance to shoot the shit and have a few pops, because I cannot concentrate on the game. Yeah, there's TV and a scoreboard lurking in the background, but you are so removed from the atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, it's nice and the air conditioning was on yesterday, but if you're intent on seeing the game, I'd advise staying in your regular seats or watch it on the tube.

Meal of Links

New dietary guidelines include several no-brainers. Less salt, exercise 30 minutes most days, eat more fish. I guess they assumed that if the recommendation was for less sugar as well, people would ignore it.

What do you know? Contaminated flu vaccines. I have taken one flu shot in my life. Too many risks.

Arnold gets a bill through the California legislature allowing the purchase of Canadian drugs. Hello, Governor Tax, wake up!!!

Exercise Yard

With the Olympics heading toward their close, I think the IOC did a helluva job sniffing out the dopers. There were some really big names that got caught, and that Greek scandal, especially, looks like a headline grabber for some time. But all that aside, it's a terrific story that El Guerrouj g got his double in the 1500m and 5000m races. He is an amazing runner.

Visitor

17 Across: "CSI" actress (8 letters) Answer: Jorja Fox

No comments: