Sunday, August 01, 2004

Isolation Thought

It amazes me what you can see while driving around in the wee hours of the morning. Cruising down Bellaire last night after 3:00, it looked like there may have been an episode of "Cops" being filmed down a side street in Linndale. As I continued on, I noticed two youths running across Bellaire, proceeding to run through some church grounds. When I arrived at home, I believe I saw why the youths were scampering home.

Why, it was the infomercial for the "Hot Air Brush". This was some sort of tool that was not just a blow dryer, but a styling iron and some sort of comb that can straighten your hair...in minutes!!! Look out, Carrot Top. It made me wonder if the Flowbee was still being sold, as I believe they are probably still selling the original manufacturing run. Alas, it is. Here is an old column about the Flowbee.

Meal of Links

Nicolas Cage gets married. Again. "What's the point of being a teenager if you can't dress weird?" That was from when he was in good movies.

I wonder if all owners would pay ransom to dognappers.

This is part of the battle that Lurch is up against. The second one-termer in his family does have appeal with the gun lobby, can spend unlimited funds in August for ads, and will hammer Kerry on alleged "flip-flops".

Exercise Yard

Dan Shaughnessy's "tribute" to Nomar.

Visitor

None, it's Sunday.

No comments: