Monday, July 19, 2004

Isolation Thought

XM Satellite Radio has given me the opportunity to hear some talk radio not broadcast here in town. Well, used to be not broadcast, I guess. My favorite conservative Laura Ingraham finally has her show on locally, from 9 a.m. to Noon on 1420. I disagree with a lot of what she says, but I find her a lot more entertaining than Limbaugh. For one, she has guests, and her bumper music is a lot better. And she does the best Susan Estrich imitation.

I'm afraid that Air America is almost unlistenable. Al Franken's show is a train wreck. I think my best description is it sounds like bad local NPR. There is absolutely no fizz in his soda. I've heard him sing badly, and, at times, it sounds like he's trying to entertain instead of listening to his guests. He'll last through the election, but I'm not sure about the inauguration.

Meal of Links

Linda Ronstadt dedicates "Desperado" to Michael Moore at a Las Vegas show. People get pissed off and the Aladdin gives her the boot. Meanwhile, Wayne Newton is still packin' 'em in at the Stardust Hotel.

The cruelest cut of all.

Easiest way to get on TV in Atlanta? Lead police on a chase? No, that's so west coast. Threatening to jump from a highway overpass seems to bring out the cameras.

Exercise Yard

The strangest picture of Gail Devers I've ever seen.

Visitor

Special Dead or Canadian? Guest
65 Across: Lorne of "Bonanza" (6 letters) Answer: Greene

No comments: