Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Isolation Thought

Last night, I saw Los Lobos put on a fine show over at the Beachland Ballroom. It was hot. Not in the sense of hot licks, it was hot because it was about 90 degrees in there. I believe I was sweating from my ears. Not only did I get to play Mr. Humidity, but some clown runs into me with his wheelchair. "Put a horn on that thing."

The show was cool because they respected us by not playing the obligatory "La Bamba". They even dedicated one of my favorite tunes, "My Generation" by The Who to Cleveland's own Frank Yankovic. Yes, "America's Polka King" and sometime shoplifter got his props yesterday. Way to go, Los Lobos!!!

Meal of Links

Here is what the British are wearing to the Olympics. Including the thongs made by Ben Sherman.

Scientists finally get to play with Kennewick Man. Can he be funnier than the 2000 Year Old Man?

Sandy Berger forgets he had documents from the National Archives and sets off the latest Clinton scandal and Clinton hasn't been the President for a long time. An excellent summary of debunking partisan arguments in the case.

Exercise Yard

The future is now, as the Indians recall their next star, Grady Sizemore.

Visitor

45 Down: "Legs" rock band (5 letters) Answer: ZZ Top

No comments: