Saturday, July 24, 2004

Isolation Thought

OK, I'm back. Gee, you step away for a few days and you can miss a lot. I was at a wake last night and the lines were unbelievable. It reminded me of the time I stood in line for Prince tickets at the old May Company downtown. I went during lunch and I think in the hour I was there I moved a few centimeters. Anyhow, while in line a guy parked in the "Reserved for Clergy" space. He didn't look like clergy, but no one stopped him. I filed that away for future funeral home parking jams. But the line was so long, the funeral director actually came out, as if we were in line at the Regal, and asked if anyone was there to see "Dr. Weaver". Two people raised their hand and got ushered in. All I could think of was "poor Dr. Weaver". Then, of course, I mentioned we might be able to use the word "Weaver" as some sort of password to move up. Alas, we didn't.

But what else is happening? Well, you turn away for an instant and Kylie Minogue wins a best ass contest, Tara Reid and Lindsay Lohan take their implants shopping, and it's been scientifically determined the only survivors of a nuclear blast will be cockroaches and, of course, Dick Clark.

In other news, take the time to get the free day pass from Salon (I do it all the time) and read about Bobby Fischer. I am surprised that Eddie Money is not playing the Ohio State Fair. Saratoga's racing season begins Wednesday.

Meal of Links

All-time freak for $1,000, Alex..

Martha Stewart wants to go to prison now. She'll be out by Christmas.

How to play your computer tunes on your stereo.

Exercise Yard

The "Security Blimp" makes its first voyage over Athens.

Visitor

32 Across: Immortal name in Yankees broadcasting (3 letters) Answer: Mel

No comments: