Sunday, July 25, 2004

Isolation Thought

Not that I keep track of these items, but this is the 100th Anniversary edition of my blog. I got some affirmation from the urban community about my car. While I was pumping gas, a mover named Mustafa told me:

a) I was the man.
b) I had a sweet car.
c) "What is it? German?"

The Democrats hold their convention this week in Boston. I have been watching these things for a long time and I kind of miss the conventions that used to be the final hurdle in the nomination process. I hate it when Kerry has been the known candidate for months ahead of time. You always knew who the candidate was in the past, but there was always a threat that some crazy nut would derail the whole thing by having his state vote for Governor Brown of California. I think the Plain Dealer had a quote where it is more of a trade show than a convention these days. The candidate and platform are determined well in advance and it's become an opportunity for major party donors to advertise their wares. But, I will be watching.

Here is the who's who of convention protestors.

Meal of Links

Halle Berry has been making dumb career moves since the Oscar win. And she seems to be wearing more clothes. Her co-star, Sharon Stone, seems to be wearing less clothes.

The 9/11 Commission report corrects myths about that day.

Ricky Williams pulls a Bison Dele.

Exercise Yard

The potential fight of the year, Gatti-Dorin, was pretty much the disappointment of the year. Gatti KOs Dorin with a body punch. I love Gatti and it was a great punch, but it was like when Scott Elarton pitches for the Indians. Lots of anticipation, inevitably ending in disappointment.

Visitor

None, it's Sunday.

No comments: