Saturday, June 19, 2004

Isolation Thought

My new car was delivered today. I cannot believe I kept that a secret and hadn't told anyone since I ordered it. Yes, the black Scion xB is now in my possession. Admittedly not a car for everyone, but I think it has neat contrarian styling, lots of headroom and legroom, decent gas mileage and of course, something I've been pining for since its inception...XM Satellite Radio. And there is no-haggle pricing making for a better experience. The only thing that startled me was that my financial transaction was videotaped. I found that odd, until they started coming up with all of these "Preferred Customer" options that would have resulted in much larger monthly payments, for what I considered items of little value. Maybe people have threatened the finance guy. But they had items such as, if your car is stolen, they'll kick in $4K. Gee, I don't plan on having it stolen. It was the selling of fear including roadside assistance, etc. Lots of negativity. I didn't bite on any of it. It was like just give me the car. They handed me so many papers to sign, I may have been signing written criminal confessions. So, if you don't see me for a while, they either caught me or I'm out driving.

Meal of Links

"Big Brother" in the UK may actually be worth watching.

The first private space launch takes place on Monday. If you have $100,000 laying around, you could buy a ticket.

Accused priests just flock to other countries.

Exercise Yard

Stealing a headline from many years ago, Latvia beats Germany, 0-0 at Euro 2004.

Visitor

43 Across: Vice President under Jefferson (4 letters) Answer: Burr

No comments: