Sunday, June 20, 2004

Isolation Thought

A Happy Father's Day to all Dads today. Ah, even the deadbeats can use this day to reflect on how bad they've been. We had a delightful brunch at Max's Deli. Nothing extravagant, but it's good place to get the appropriate eggs, bacon and sausage.

But, it's just another Sunday night listening to Gilly on WTAM. BTW, his bio needs to be updated. My God, he just mentioned on the air how outdated it is.

I was looking forward to the Men's Half-Yearly Sale at Nordstrom's. They make very good non-wrinkle shirts. Yeah, I'm sure it's cheap labor but my aversion to ironing outweighs any social issues when it comes to shirts. Trust me, I've slept in these shirts, I can attest to their non-wrinkle expertise. But the ones I wanted were not on sale and I'm bitter about that. Because they add things as the sale goes on, I now have to go online every day to see if these products make it on there.

Meal of Links

I won't use my favorite curse word to describe James Lipton.

"Ladies and gentlemen, we have landed. At the wrong airport."

Lea Fastow's (Enron) gorgeous new digs at the Federal Detention Center in Houston are described.

Exercise Yard

I do not get golf fans sudden obsession cheering Phil Mickelson. This guy is the Buffalo Bills of the PGA Tour and I consider him a goof. Why fans on 18 didn't tell this poser, "Once more, we cheered you for four rounds and this time you waited until the 71st hole to screw us over. Clown." But it was Retief Gooosen who ground out a win at the U.S. Open.

Visitor

None, it's Sunday.

No comments: