Friday, May 21, 2004

Isolation Thought

I am fascinated by Sotheby's auction of the Johnny Cash estate. That would be so cool to end up with something from "The Man in Black" himself. Maybe an old shirt he wore in prison or an old drug vial or something. I'm curious to see what they have available. The last non-eBay auction I participated in was 2 years ago for "hedcuts" from the Wall Street Journal. You know those "dot drawings" you see in the paper. Come to think of it, it was on eBay, but you know, it wasn't like buying shoplifted Mach 3 blades or anything. Anyhow, I ended up with two of them. One of Sigourney Weaver, the other of Tom Cruise. For some reason, I still have them in the FedEx box they got shipped in. Sotheby's also has one for Katharine Hepburn, if you're interested.

Meal of Links

OK, here are some things that I was turned on to that caught my eye.

Jon Stewart's commencement address at William & Mary.

Mary's Dairy in NYC. Great logo and check out the Double Creme.

That Scar on Tina Fey's face.

Exercise Yard

Some guy is wandering around Detroit, posing as Higgy's father. Last year, when Higginson was hitting .235, I bet his real Dad didn't go out much.

Visitor

15 Down: Son of Sarek and Amanda (7 letters) Answer: Mr. Spock (Click on picture for new quote)

No comments: