Saturday, May 22, 2004

Isolation Thought

I always thought naming babies was easy. Try for something with a nice ring to it. You know, not Jeeves nor Esmeralda. Here are the top baby names for 2003, with a comparison to 1903. The reason I bring this up is that we've had some celebrities who have gone off the board lately and come up with some rather unique names. Gwyneth Paltrow named her daughter Apple. Geena Davis named her twins Kian and Kaiis. MmmKay. Then Helen Hunt named her daughter Makena'lei. Will they be picked on? Maybe not as much as Jason Lee's son who is named...ahem...Pilot Inspektor.

Meal of Links

Michael Moore's movie, "Fahrenheit 9/11", wins the Palme d'Or at Cannes (replayed at 8 p.m. on IFC). Our lives our very similar, since I use my Palme to eat Pringles out of a Cannes.

Did I read your last stupid e-mail? I know you spent valuable time crafting it and thought it was great. But hey, I'm a busy guy. A new tool lets you find out who is keeping up, and who hits that delete button quickly.

Surrogate mother newsflash. If she's selling one baby to three couples, make sure it's triplets.

Exercise Yard

Like Little Boy Blue, Mike Montgomery needed the money. Why else would he leave Stanford?

Visitor

21 Across: Brazilian supermodel Bundchen (6 letters) Answer: Gisele

No comments: