Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Isolation Thought

I'm typing this while listening to Adam Ant "...up on the bookshelf. With the books....and the plants?" I think I just injured my neck through major head bopping. Today, I had to pick up some meds over at Walgreen's and as I was nearing the entrance, I saw another guy who could only be heading for the prescription pickup window. I hate lines, so I knew I had to get ahead of him. I thought I had it when he took off straight for the back of the store. I went down the deodorant aisle, turned left down the middle, cut around a Halls display, then, of course, encountered clueless lady in center of aisle, staring up at a high shelf in the broom aisle. As I neared the window, I could see the guy arrive first. Damn!! Wouldn't you know, his meds weren't ready. Don't you call, have an inkling, or any idea without going in person to leave without a pickup? And he wasn't upset. A distinct sign that he truly needed his prescription.

Meal of Links

I agree with Ben and Jerry's. They want you to vote. I'll do most anything for a free tune.

Omigod, the Cranberries chick not only repeats everything when she sings, she does it when she talks!!!

The McDonald's at Ridge Park is now open 24 hours. The neighborhood drunks and those that are high salute you, Golden Arches. I wonder if you can get breakfast in the early a.m.

Exercise Yard

The Indians bullpen blows another game. This is reminiscent of the "Bullpen from Hell" years in 1987 and 1988. That 1987 team featured the immortal Mark "Seats" Huismann, aptly named because of a great ability to throw the gopher ball.

Visitor

64 Across: TV comic Kovacs (5 letters) Answer: Ernie

No comments: