Saturday, June 04, 2011

I really like my Saturday Plain Dealer. Not so much for any editorial or ad content, but the fact the Saturday Crossword has finally arrived on my doorstep. So, it pains me when I get that edition of the PD stolen. I've had that happen before at various times and it blows.

While I was recovering from some Ommegang Wittes last night, I finished up yesterday's version of the local daily newspaper. Looking at all of the Patio Issue, as it were. So, I didn't exactly get out there early for today's paper, grabbing it around 8:30. After finally getting to it 15 minutes later, all I could say was "Fuck me!".

Someone pilfered my PD and replaced it with the weekend version of the Wall Street Journal. So, I guess I have some sort of benevolent thief or some sort of overly aggressive WSJ deliverer. Which caused me to trudge up to the Circle K to get my fix.

Because the last time I went through this from the PD, I learned:

It was my fault.

and

They sorta kinda don't get there quick enough with a new paper for me.

Needless to say, I'm back on early sentry duty.

Meal of Links

The Best Muscle Cars. They are beauties.

Matt Dillon died yesterday. Not the actor. Well, yeah, the actor, but the other guy. The "Gunsmoke" Guy.

"Cash Cab" pays off. Ben Bailey hosts a network show. Hey, anything to have less Guy Fieri on my TV is a good thing.

Kid Learns To Ride Bike



"Pawn Stars" is the No. 1 show on cable. And sparked TV's hottest genre. Thrift TV.

Looks like Pat Coyne picked the wrong market for Krispy Kreme sites. Should have said the UK, instead of Brunswick.

Shades of Brian De Palma. If there are truly no cuts, as it appears so, it's pretty cool. Roger Ebert called it "the greatest music video ever made".

"The Grand Rapids LipDub"



Speaking of beer. how to enjoy it.

Exercise Yard

The Rangers pitcher who beat the Indians yesterday? He has an interesting story. And he's 6-0.

Visitor

1 Across: Candy vehicle (4 letters) Answer: SCTV

SCTV-The Great White North/Babe Ruth Story

No comments: