Saturday, March 12, 2011

We've sure come a long way since you had to find a place with a satellite dish to watch March Madness. Then there were times you hoped CBS would show your alma mater on local TV. Then there were times you had to find a place that would show your alma mater via the dish. Then it moved to taking off work to watch the games. Then that moved to the incredible development of March Madness On Demand. But now that CBS has outsourced its coverage to truTV and Turner, what's up this year?

Coming to the rescue, SI has posted a viewing guide. To get eyes on truTV, the play-in games are on that channel this year. I finally located the regular truTV channel. Shouldn't I have that in HD by Tuesday? Like Marv Albert, apparently Time Warner Cable says, "Yessss!". I mean, I need my car chases in HD.

It looks like Cleveland will probably get the Nooners on both Friday and Sunday. I'll be there for both days, always a great time in person.

Meal of Links

It's the 35th anniversary of "Taxi Driver". AMC Theatres are showing it around the country, but not here.

Life sucks? Here's how to deal with the most annoying problems.

Juliette Binoche is in a new movie. What is it about Tuscany? I didn't think there were any rooms there.

Don't touch me.

Michelle Bachmann visits New Hampshire. She's Palin II.

Iron Man is taking advantage of his newfound fame. He's selling his house.

Tomorrow's anniversary? Microsoft had its IPO 25 years ago. If you sat on 100 shares at $21 per until today, you'd have $750,000.

Exercise Yard

With March Madness coming up, I have watched many games this week. I was especially interested in San Diego State and how they would play BYU today. They handled them nicely. SDSU is very athletic and can hurt you several ways. Only 2 losses this year, both to BYU.

For bracket purposes, be mindful San Diego State has never won an NCAA tournament game. Last year, I had BYU going a long way. After today's game, I'm not sure I'll go with them again. If you shut down Jimmer Fredette or he gets no help, it turns out to be along day for them.

Visitor

58 Across: Band with the 1997 double platinum album "So Much for the Afterglow" (9 letters) Answer: Everclear

No comments: