Sunday, March 06, 2011

The saga of receiving my tickets for March Madness finally ended this week. They always wait until about 4 weeks to deliver the tickets, which is amazing, because I ordered them during January of 2010. Locally, even though Quicken Loans Arena is the site of the games, I have priority through Cleveland State to get tickets.

Anyhow, the printing and mailing of the tickets was handled by Quicken Loans Arena. We received notification that the tickets were sent via UPS on February 15 and to expect them by the following Friday, ten days out. After Presidents Day, another e-mail was sent confirming that many people had already received them. Cutting slack for the holiday, I wasn't worried yet. Until 2 more days went by and I didn't get mine. Uh-oh. I wondered why on our original e-mailing they mentioned if there was any trouble, they would cancel the codes and print new ones.

Because that's exactly what happened. During the final CSU homestand, it went from 70 people who didn't receive theirs on Thursday, to 150 on Saturday. During the first-round playoff game, we were told the second printing and mailing had occurred and indeed, I got my tickets the next day. But what a ride.

Clearly, all of the tickets were picked up by UPS the first time, but somehow, a significant portion did not get delivered. This can only be one of two things. Gross incompetence or theft. I pity the fool who is going to buy these now counterfeit tickets, so hopefully, the authorities solve it before it gets to that point. We still have not received the commemorative tickets, because that would only cloud the issue further.

Still don't know if this is considered an internal UPS matter. All I know is the second mailing was done via Legal Priority, which is probably the most entrusted of their delivery service, by its nature alone.

Meal of Links

Mike Huckabee "misspoke" on President Obama in Kenya and it wasn't he who attacked Natalie Portman. No, no. That was the "Hollywood media".

Conversely, Matt Damon talks about what lots of us are thinking. But he won't vote Republican.

Phil Collins calls it quits. Thought that happened a while ago.

Exercise Yard

Speaking of Cleveland State, their season ended with a thud against their White Whale, Butler. I was watching it on the PC via ESPN3 last night and at 60-58, with CSU pressing and flying all over the court, Shawn Vanzant from Butler hit two threes and sucked the momentum away. I think CSU got somewhat close again, maybe by 4.

CSU loses, 76-68, and is probably headed for the NIT. Like I said, I'll have priority for tickets!

Visitor

None, on a where-did-that-snow-come-from Sunday.

No comments: