Sunday, August 15, 2010

I liked the feature on Danny Greene in the PD today. Now, let's hope these projects can match what we remember from those times.

Meal of Links

Can a matchmaker be a matchmaker, even if she dumps her fiance? I'm leaning toward no.

The five best deal-hunting sites. I swear by Dealnews.

Undoubtedly, you know they will build a mosque near Ground Zero. Before we continue to literally raise holy hell about it, check out its neighbors. Including two strip clubs.

Reminiscing with George Barris. He only made the Batmobile, K.I.T.T., the "Back to the Future" DeLorean among others.

"Smells Like Rockin' Robin" Mashup



Pop-Culture Legos.

They found a new type of monkey species. In the titi monkey family. Monkeys and titis, what can I say.

Exercise Yard

So, I'm watching the PGA. It looks like Dustin Johnson is in a playoff until a tour official says, "Not so fast, my friend." It seems he played his second shot from a bunker and grounded his club. The two-stroke penalty eliminated him from the playoff. I get all that.

But what was with the horror that CBS claimed? Clearly, on their clips of the 18th hole they were showing all week, you can see the damn bunkers on both sides of the fairway. What, they magically disappear when the people are standing in them?

Then the PGA says look at the course sheets for rulings on these bunkers. Number One on the list. Plus, it had happened in the 2004 PGA played there, for precedent.

Sure, it was unfortunate. But it was the right call and the mock horror seemed misplaced. The only thing I would question is did this happen in any of the earlier rounds when the cameras weren't around? If you fess up now, can you be assessed a penalty post-tournament or called a cheater if you didn't call it on yourself? Not sure, but maybe it did happen only once this week, when the world was watching.

Maybe golf without Tiger competing isn't so bad. Certainly the poor sister PGA was the best of the majors this year and at the start of the year with Augusta, Pebble Beach and St. Andrews on the docket, that would count as a major surprise.

Visitor

None, on another hot Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gave dad the book on Danny Greene to read.I still say getting Christopher Walken was a major coup.------JMK

gapag said...

I love the Walken casting too. More cow bell!