Saturday, August 14, 2010

I had one of those decisions last night that can be only decided by The Ethicist. I had to run up to the local Marc's last night and when I pulled into my space, I noticed there was a guy parked there in the spot next to me. Didn't get a good look at him, but his car was running, air was on, and his lights were on.

For some reason, I had a helluva time finding the Orlando Texas Toast that was on sale. Doh! It was near the TJ Farms Sausage Links I had tossed into my cart about 15 minutes earlier. Anyhow, when I get outside, I notice it's gotten darker, not sure it was sunset time yet.

So, I start loading things into my car and I notice the guy is sleeping (maybe?) in the car. He's been in the car now, what, at least 25 minutes (Yeah, I shucked corn at Marc's). So, do I have to tap on the window to make sure he hasn't expired or do I just go about my business and leave?

I left.

Meal of Links

OK. Let's all move to Belize. Looks like fun.

The healthiest fast food breakfasts. Just remember, it's English muffin, not bagel.

Roger Ebert on Hitch. Great writer on great writer.

Kinda glad I didn't buy tickets to the World Cup. FIFA employee sells info on 60,000 people (including passport numbers) to the Black Market. Oh, boy.

I'm already done with the JetBlue guy. First of all, his story doesn't seem to make sense. And for all of his "Take This Job And Shove It" praise heaped on him, he wants his job back. It's over! I think it was over quite early for me, when I started seeing things like, "Who Would Play Him In A Movie?" crap. When there can be only one.

This guy ended his relationship with Blackberry. Oddly enough, today I chose to continue mine with a phone upgrade.

Exercise Yard

Quick Browns thoughts while watching our future neighbors late in the game:

Loved the Invisible Monkey ad for Dodge.

Syndric Steptoe is the Browns version of "The Thing That Wouldn't Leave".

First team offense looked OK, as did Seneca Wallace. Delhomme looked sharp.

On defense, the two standouts were T.J. Ward, who impressed me and "McMahon, I don't impress that easily." Looked to be more than a hitter. Seemed to be a very good tackler (not a hitter, actually wrapped up guys) and did not really get run over on the Packers first TD. Got beat with decent coverage on the second TD for Green Bay, but he had to cover a wideout. I thought he looked very good. The other was Marcus Benard, who was playing against second and third teamers, but took advantage as he should. Joe Haden also got some props on the broadcast (and I'm wondering why), but I thought Ward outclassed everyone.

Colt McCoy looked below average. His fade that got picked off before the half was HORRIBLE. It would be charitable to call that Quinn-like.

Broken record time: Linebackers looked slow.

Phil Dawson crushed a 59-yard field goal to tie it late and then won it even later with another 46-yarder.

Browns win, 27-24.

Randy Lerner's Other Team had a coach resign this week and the team came up with a 3-0 win earlier today.

I was in soccer mode this a.m. as Tottenham and Man City had a very entertaining 0-0 battle. Then the Villa game, as their fans were singing, "There's only one Randy Lerner!". Could you imagine hearing that at the Stadium?

Villa Highlights (In French)



Tomorrow is a biggie: Liverpool and Arsenal.

Visitor

50 Across: "Mr. Television" (11 letters) Answer: Milton Berle

No comments: