Sunday, May 02, 2010

Things I've tried lately:

I had Key Lime Drink, fruitsense from Old Orchard. Absolutely terrible.

Of course, we've all had Sun Chips. But have you had them in that new compostable bag? Yikes, try and sneak that into a theater. They admit the bag is loud, because it's compostable, but wait for your neighbors to complain. I imagine even your pets are wondering WTF.

I'm normally bullish on Bush Baked Beans. But, my God, Giant Eagle Onion Baked Beans are really good. Much, much thicker. And cheaper. Sometimes, I think a fourth of those Bush cans are sauce, but the GE cans actually have lots of beans.

With Cinco de Mayo nearing and no Bohemia the other day at Johnny Mango, I opted for Modelo Especial on tap. Boy, that hit the spot on a warm day.

Lay's came out with this new type of natural potato chip recently. The Garden Tomato and Basil is an odd flavor, at first, but it's tasty thereafter. The Tangy Carolina BBQ needs some work (I think Snyder's BBQ is the best by a mile). I still lean towards the Lay's Baked or Kettle Cooked variety when I get chips, which isn't that often.

For bagged salads, I've been in the bag for Fresh Express for a long time. I always get the Romaine. But I think I'm being slowly converted to Dole's Leafy Romaine. It's at Marc's. I don't know, it seems to taste better to me.

Mid's Salsa Italiano, get the Medium. When you don't wanna mix your own, you could do worse in a pinch. Full price, probably not, but Marc's had a coupon.

The best-tasting normal Hot Dog and Hamburger Buns out there have to be Pepperidge Farm. But whenever I'm in the mood for whole wheat buns, most of them are pretty flimsy. But then I discovered Nature's Pride 100% Whole Wheat Bakery Buns. Now, we're talking. Easily handles any sandwich you make.

Meal of Links

The Top Ten reasons you should quit Facebook. Quit it? I'm barely on the damn thing.

Who knew? Polar bears and grizzly bears are now mating. I have no idea what the consequences may be.

That oil spill in the Gulf changes everything.

Exercise Yard

Hey, what was with all that low scoring golf today?

Ryo Ishikawa shot a 58 in Japan and Rory McIlroy shot a 62 at Quail Hollow.

Needless to say, they both won. Combined age of the winners? 38!

Visitor

None, on a really lazy Sunday.

"Rain On The Roof"/The Lovin' Spoonful



Check out the Monty Python-like audience at the end.

No comments: