Friday, April 02, 2010

Time to catch up:

Absolutely fantastic weather lately, so with the afternoon off, I had to fire up the grill. You don't get to say I am having shrimp on the barbie very often. But I said it today.

You know it's spring when you can hear the grunts of the neighborhood mentally-challenged kid.

I hate to bring this up, but you know me. The other day, I was at Subway for lunch. I usually get a roast beef because it meets the healthy sandwich requirements. Anyhow, I'm behind a guy who KNOWS THE NAMES OF THE EMPLOYEES!!!!! Says hello to the order taker, than the first veggie person. Seriously. I've been going for there for years. I don't know their names and I'm pretty sure I do not want to know their names. He was also talking to a corporate bigwig who happened to be in front of him, so I had to hear all of his plans for Easter weekend. As he was finishing with the cookies, it was then the old, "Today, I'm gonna have...". How come God works in mysterious ways, except when I'm in a line?

I went to see "The Ghost Writer" the other day. It was the first time I bought a beer at a theatre (they had Magic Hat!). I said bought, not brought. It was also the first time in a long time, I had a private showing. Yep, I was the only one there. Too bad, because it was a really good movie by that Roman Polanski guy. Pierce Brosnan was a former Prime Minister of England who was writing his memoirs and Ewan McGregor was his ghost writer. It was interesting how many characters surprised me on their entrance. Hey, there is Duncan from "The Class" as McGregor's agent. Hey, who's that bald head of the publishing company? Why, it's Jim Belushi. Then it's Kim Cattrall with a British accent. Then it's Olivia Williams who seems to be taking the Emma Thompson/Kristin Scott-Thomas roles lately (she was in "An Education"). Eli Wallach...still alive. And, finally, even Tom Wilkinson shows up! It's at the Capitol for another week.

Our favorite Polka DJ heads to Buffalo for Dyngus Day on Monday (third graph from bottom).

Time Warner Cable finally made the channel switches this week on my box and the Navigator seems to work better for me. They added NHL Network and Fox Soccer Plus and I succumbed to their siren call. It's only 5 bucks. That eliminates one trip a month to Subway, which was perfect timing on their part.

Meal of Links

Why buy an iPad? I'm very happy with my new laptop.

Anna Paquin says she's a bisexual. Or is it she just can't make a decision?

Andy Rooney still reads the funny papers. Good God, I think I could take his job.

Movies with the worst opening weekends. Did not pay for any of them, although I thought about "Astro Boy".

There is a new "King of Kong". I sense a rumble.

Best Friend alerted me to this methane bubble. I'm not weirded out by the bubble, but I am taken aback by the overzealous farmer who wants to pop it with his knife.

Everybody loves flyovers, but here are the 10 best flybys. The guy in Number 3 has, as Jerry Caesar would say, "balls the size of church bells".

"Here come those Santa Ana winds again."

Exercise Yard

It's getting closer to the time I actually think about the Indians. Leitch wrote this about 6 weeks ago. How true.

Visitor

4 Down: Hockey Hall of Fame nickname (4 letters) Answer: Espo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Andy Rooney is just like the funny papers ----they're not funny anymore----------- JMK