Saturday, November 14, 2009

I had a busy day today. Did you know today was America Recycles Day? Or, maybe it's tomorrow. Anyhow, I took my old computer to get recycled today. Yes, my Sony VAIO from the Dark Ages gets sent to PC Heaven. Actually, it doesn't reach heaven or purgatory, so it's probably in limbo, even though the Pope banished that a few years ago.

But, I also did three things you normally can't do in November around here:

A. Wear shorts outside. While running a bunch of errands this a.m., I could not believe how warm it was, so off with the denims.

B. Mow the lawn. Incredibly, I mowed the lawn today. I thought it needed one more shot before winter. By far, the latest I've ever had to mow.

C. Grill outdoors. My Dad bought some steaks a while back and had them frozen for a few weeks. I thought last week we blew it, by not grilling them then. So, we made sure we had them ready for today's weather. He must have picked them up from the BrontoBurger aisle at Buehler's. I know when he got them, they were dirt cheap, but jeezy creezy, they must have been 24-oz. ones. That means leftovers!

Meal of Links

Hunt4Tunes allows you to listen and download tunes. I just listened to "Dr. Detroit" by Devo, "Blue Orchid" by The White Stripes, and "Cities" by Talking Heads. Far from comprehensive, but it is "F-R-E-E, that spells free.".

This is great news. The Who will play "The CSI Song" at the Super Bowl. I think Roger's voice can hold up for 15 minutes, can't it?

Some excellent rock photos from Jim Marshall. My favorite of the bunch here may be the Slick/Joplin one. But these are all good. The Who is in there, as well.

Dear Santa, I don't ask for much. But this new book, "Dear Andy Kaufman, I Hate Your Guts!" is going on my Christmas list. Cookies and cocoa on me, dude. Thanks!

We are running out of bluefin tuna. What do you do if you run across one though, eat it? It may be the last one.

The one-of-a-kind David Lloyd died this week. Look at the TV shows on his resume.

Newsweek has a list of comedians who aren't funny. If the person I am thinking of, is not on this list, then this list sucks. Yep, he's on it, at a charitable #4. Poor Emo and Yakov, though.

35 Awesome Science Fair Projects. With pictures.

There was a linebacker I noticed from Iowa today with the name of "Angerer". It made me wonder what Ed Anger was up to. He's still angry!

Exercise Yard

Even the Most Interesting Man in the World (Complete with purple shirt. Hah!) loves TCU football. "Stay horny, my friends."

Visitor

30 Across: Voice of Mr. Magoo (9 letters) Answer: Jim Backus "Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol" bothered me intensely upon my first viewing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!!!! Jeff Dunham made the list. ---------Jeff

Anonymous said...

How about comedian Rush Limbaugh?!?!