Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Here are some idle thoughts:

I think I bought too much candy for Halloween. I had several coupons and must have blacked out as I walked in. Anyhow, I bought bags of: Kit-Kat, 3 Musketeers, 3 Musketeers Mint, Hershey's Chocolate, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers, Milky Way, Butterfinger and Nestle Crunch. Yikes!

I failed to mention the Browns dumb penalty the other day. Shaun Rogers tripped a guy! Yeah, he was taken out of the play and with his back to the runner, stuck his leg out. It worked, then he got 15 yards.

I like the smell of Suave Humectant shampoo.

I've really been getting into the ESPN "30 For 30" docs. The one last night on the Ali-Holmes fight was the best, thus far. Howard Cosell on the broadcast: "Legends die hard...". What a shame to see Ali already battling the effects of Parkinson's Syndrome. Hard to imagine he had another fight after this one. But nice to see Larry Holmes, truly the forgotten Champ.

The fee for bouncing a check at National City is now $34.

I believe I have successfully avoided anything regarding Christmas at this early date. But I sense the tidal wave rumbling.

Gale and I saw "The Informant" the other day. It was just OK and Matt Damon was good, but it's a very different sort of movie. I enjoyed the book a lot more.

"On the Road with Charles Kuralt" is now out on DVD. WTF? No "Mannix", but this?

I am always surprised at how good "The Point After" is on Mondays after a Browns game. Best local sports show in eons.

Speaking of sports, here is a quote from Manny Acta's press conference regarding acclimating his players over the winter or waiting until spring training: "Winter is too far away, my friend. That starts tomorrow." Yep. Manny Acta, the Most Interesting Manager in the World.

Meal of Links

Curry spice kills cancer cells. And nose hair.

Larry David peed on Jesus and I thought it was one of the funniest things I've seen. But, alas, some don't agree.

Vigilantes have found a home in Mexico.

The DirecTV ads are always kinda fun. But I'm not sure about the latest one with David Spade and Chris Farley.

Ridiculous rap lyrics. "I live by two words: "Fuck you, pay me". Uh, Kanye, that's four.

Brad Lidge, Phillies closer. And religious archaeologist?

Exercise Yard

OK, start the tidal wave. I want this book for Christmas.

Visitor

47 Down: Robert of "The Sopranos" (4 letters) Answer: Iler

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey It's Gary Shandling Show and Sponge Bob First 100 episodes are both out on DVD.Christmas is coming___________________JMK