Thursday, August 27, 2009

A hat tip to Drew. This Twitter is one of the funniest I've read. Shit My Dad Says. This sparked a conversation at work about what our respective Dads say.

A co-worker told me his Dad actually said this out of the blue last week: "Why do we even need banks?".

And I can't tell you how many times I've had this conversation:

My Dad: "I was listening to that asshole on the radio today."
Me: "Triv?"
My Dad: "No, that other asshole."

Meal of Links

Here are some things that Windows 7 does. That Vista cannot.

A&E takes over Lifetime. Won't be long before we see Bill Kurtis looking for the Internet in these Lifetime movies.

Joyce Carol Oates writes about Ted Kennedy. A polarizing figure to be sure. All you needed to know about that was reading the comments section of your online daily newspaper.

The future home of the Toronto Film Festival looks neat. I think I'll go there some day.

Exercise Yard

Since the Browns start play in a few weeks, get ready. Here are your CBS Announce Teams. And, word is, all CBS games will be in HD this year. Halle-fuckin'-lujah!

Remember to use "The worse we are, the lower we go" scale for Browns announcers:

Jim Nantz, Phil Simms
Greg Gumbel, Dan Dierdorf
Dick Enberg, Dan Fouts
Kevin Harlan, Solomon Wilcots
Ian Eagle, Rich Gannon
Gus Johnson, Steve Tasker
Don Criqui, Randy Cross
Bill Macatee, Steve Beuerlein

Fouts moves up. Gannon moves from Harlan and Cross drops way down to Criqui, because of his college duties on CBS College Sports (you know, that channel you never watch).

An FYI, the Browns first game against the Vikings is on Fox. They seem to be sticking with that as a one o'clocker, even with Favre. Thom Brennaman (of Tim Tebow fame) and Brian Billick have the call.

Visitor

3 Down: The Red Storm of the Big East Conference (7 letters) Answer: St. John's

No comments: