Thursday, August 06, 2009

For me, this news is very exciting. With Setanta imploding, ESPN has picked up, for the 2009-10 season, two of Setanta's EPL matches. The return of the 7:45 a.m. Saturday match on a channel I actually receive. Plus the Monday afternoon match. Both to be shown on ESPN2. I guess Charlie Moore just got beat. Outstanding!

Randy Lerner's Other Team, Aston Villa, gets 4 TV slots.

Here is the early Fox Soccer Channel schedule. Oooooh. Sunday night replays before "Dexter". Cool.

It all kicks off Sunday with the traditional Community Shield match for charity this Sunday.

Meal of Links

Perennial Dead Pool fave of mine, Ronnie Biggs (The Great Train Robber) is going to be released from prison. Ostensibly to die. But I've seen this before with Kevorkian. Dammit.

John Hughes died today. For someone who seemed like he had as many movies out as Judd Apatow, he only directed 8 movies. I remember in "Pretty in Pink" that Molly Ringwald was literally a girl from the other side of the tracks. "Do you realize that if we played by the rules we would be in gym class right now?" was my favorite line from "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", although we all still know who Abe Froman is. "Sixteen Candles" was pretty good, I thought. I hated "Weird Science" though.

Coke vs Pepsi. Logo style.

Dylan does Christmas. Including "Must Be Santa", which I assume is the Brave Combo tune. Brave Combo? I am seeing them on Friday.

Christopher Walken has a message for you.

Cheaper prices vs. bad customer service. Does it influence our purchases?

Exercise Yard

Donte Stallworth says he's sorry. But as my Mom always told me, "Sorry doesn't clean it up."

Visitor

10 Down: Four-time ABA/NBA MVP, familiarly (3 letters) Answer: Dr. J "From! The University Of Mazzachushetts, number six, Captain of the Philadelphia 76ers Julius... The Doctor... Errrrrrrrrrving!!"

1 comment:

gapag said...

All I can say, Christopher, is MORE COW BELL!