Saturday, July 18, 2009

Walter Cronkite died yesterday. Our household was a CBS household for morning shows and evening news all throughout my youth. I'm not sure how that happened, because their morning shows were watched by virtually no one. I mean we knew Bill Kurtis way back when before he was threatening Floyd Mayweather, Jr. on that AT&T ad.

For evening news though, it was always "Uncle Walter". It is really something, I think the person I may have seen the closest to Cronkite on TV in my lifetime might be Jerry Seinfeld, and he's beat by miles. I mean Cronkite was always there. Vietnam. Political conventions. Space coverage. Watergate.

They certainly don't make 'em like him anymore.

Meal of Links

Gale and I headed over to Johnny Mango last night, because I had a coupon near its expiry date. Jeepers, when we got there it was slammed, but it did ease a bit after 7:30 or so. One guy was there for a takeout. He ordered two Pad Thai. That seemed like an odd place to get Pad Thai. I went for the grilled steak quesadilla, and truth be told, I inhaled it.

I wonder how this outfit will look when I eat my pudding, waiting for UFOs.

Well, spank my ass and call me Charlie. Sonic is coming to Parma! That would be September 1 on your calendar.

Here are the Top 10 Endearing Habits of a Geeky Spouse. Oh-kay.

Has "The Simpsons" been surpassed by "Family Guy"? I still like Bart and the gang, but I never miss "Family Guy". Sometimes, the throwaway lines resonate with me more than than the big jokes, which are consistently funny.

Where the jobs are, based on postings per capita. DC is #1. Detroit and Miami are at the bottom. From last quarter, big droppers are: San Diego, Cleveland and Virginia Beach. Risers include: Atlanta, New Orleans, Kansas City, Orlando, Richmond, Jacksonville and Nashville.

Exercise Yard

Why is David Huff still on the Indians? Really. 108 pitches in 5 innings. Just kill me.

I haven't posted a Wedge picture in a while, so here you go:


















Visitor

10 Down: First "America's Funniest Home Videos" host (8 letters) Answer: Bob Saget

1 comment:

Slather said...

Pad Thai at JM's is 100% better than Siam Cafe or any other Thai restaurant in Cleveland, IMHO. The secret is to order it with the spicy lime sauce on the side accompanied with 3 El Diablo Margaritas. Then pass out in the car parked on the street by the pink house and hope someone gets you home safely.