Thursday, May 14, 2009

What is it about Marc's that brings out my inner Mr. Crankypants? Last night, I stop in for only a few items, including Goldfish. As the cashier is scanning the items, I grab a bag and start packing. She puts some Baked Lays in a bag and starts asking hysterically, "Where's the Goldfish? Where's the Goldfish?".

I tell her, "Hey, I already packed 'em."

Her reply, "You're messin' me up."

I told her, "Hey, I'm in a bit of a hurry and, quite frankly, I am actually helping you out by packing."

She said and not snottily, I may add, "Well, there's a void anyhow, so you'll have to wait a bit longer."

I ended up giving her the Goldfish, because I am not sure I would have received the bag any quicker.

I mean, is it just me? Because this place is killin' me.

Meal of Links

Wilco's new album is streaming. It has some keepers on it.

Man, this is a lot of catching up with Richard Bey. Cue up "The Way We Were". Him and Wally George...the lunatic fringe.

Beware of The Claw! He can show up without warning.

A Wolfram Alpha tutorial. Looks kinda neat.

Dissecting "The Big Lebowski". Yes, in true cult fashion, it still holds up. December 5 at the Cedar-Lee.

The WBWC Music Marathons have started up again. Today, it's Talking Heads.

Visual proof that there are two Blue Jays fans dressing as umpires at some of their games. First noticed this against the Tribe last week and laughed out loud at their antics.

I stopped at Sheetz today for some gas and some lunch. Two new items on the food menu. Grilled flatbread sammies and pizza. Pizza goes for $2.79 a slice or 2/$5. I had a ham and provolone flatbread sammie. Pretty good.

The Hermitage in Nashville has America's Best Bathroom. Somewhere, George Costanza nods his approval.

I got the e-mail to try and save Paste Magazine. It's a wonderful thing to read, but I'm very conflicted about donating.

Exercise Yard

Bill Simmons chats it up with Malcolm Gladwell. Gladwell always makes me think.

Visitor

65 Across: "Hungarian Rhapsodies" composer (5 letters) Answer: Liszt

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Marc's cashiers are pretty bad. They don't put cold items with cold items, they always forget to double bag glass and heavy items and I frequently find errors on my register tape. PFS

Anonymous said...

Stay away from the Marc's at Ridge Park, not only are the cashiers bad but a good portion of their customers are also mental midgets.------------------JMK

gapag said...

And don't get me started on the people writing checks and using coupons. Nothing wrong with that if you can be PREPARED when you do get to the cashier. It's not like you didn't have 5-10 minutes of mind dumbing time watching CNN to get ready.