Monday, May 04, 2009

On Saturday, amongst all the sporting events on TV, HDNET reran the Godfather Trilogy. Usually, I beg off after the first two. But something compelled me to watch "Godfather 3", you know, the one that never really existed. Unfortunately for me, the damn thing started at 12:30 a.m. Sunday morning.

But to give it a fair shake, I decided to watch it until the end. That meant, around 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning, I am now 100% certain that "Godfather 3" sucked. A rather large one, I might add.

I am convinced it's memorable for only two lines. One by Michael, which Costanza made his own: "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in."
The other when Michael tells Kay, "I used to look out this window and think of you." to which Kay replies, "Yeah, then you married someone else."

I actually suffered for this art, because I developed a bad sore throat, which is always the omen of a cold coming on for me. I hate it. I go all winter without a cold and now that it warms up, bam, I get one. I'm curious. If I did not watch the movie, would I have developed that sore throat. I wonder.

Meal of Links

Devo goes to the UK. A look back.

How the late-night shows circumvent the Writers Guild. Freelancers fax jokes to the program for $75 to $100 for each joke used.

Guy thinks he found the formula for Dr. Pepper. He paid $200 for the ledger which might get $75,000 at auction.

Exercise Yard

Malcolm Gladwell offers lengthy advice for underdogs in basketball. Press, man, gotta press.

Visitor

54 Across: Verne captain (4 letters) Answer: Nemo

No comments: