Saturday, April 18, 2009

While watching the Cavs, I was thinking (because of the blowout), what nickname should we bestow upon Vinnie Chulk of the Indians? Chulk-A-Mania! or the Incredible Chulk? I know "Gas Can" is probably the leader in the clubhouse and let's hope they don't blow that 15-2 lead today.

Things I've Tried Lately:

Arnold Palmer Half-and-Half. I picked this up at Marc's, mainly so I could say, "Hey, I'm drinking Arnold Palmer!". Arizona Teas may distribute this, but it's half lemonade and half iced tea and Arnie has his photo on the jug. Whole lemonade or whole iced tea probably tastes better. Uh, maybe I should have had it on a golf course.

Santitas. Did you know they are only $2? Why, it says so, right on the bag! Not bad. It's a Frito-Lay product.

Tangos. This is a Shearer's product and I like it a lot. Get the cantina style tortilla chips. My God, some of these flavors these companies come up with I wouldn't touch. Shearer's is as guilty as any with their Hot Dog-flavored potato chips. A big WTF? on that one.

Mad Monks Salsa. I really like this stuff. I am not that much of a salsa person. I've only tried the Hot, but this is exactly how I like mine. Thick, with a big heat factor. Another Marc's purchase but Dave's has it, as well. More expensive than the typical brands, about $3.99 a jar.

Step Right Up. This is a combo hot dog/donut shop in Hudson and I've had a hot dog from there before, that was OK but way overpriced, especially when Sheetz runs that 2/99 cents deal. You know, I loves my Sheetz! Anyhow, both times I've been to this joint, I'm the only one there. Now, I don't eat a lot of donuts, but these are tremendous. They have a filled glaze that is unbelievable, with lemon or raspberry. The best donut I've had in a while. I'd go back for the donuts, but not the dogs.

Meal of Links






















The AT&T Blue Room has Coachella this weekend (like Los Campesinos! above). Pretty good lineup and a different video player this year.

I will be heading off to see "Crank 2" tomorrow. Here's how Jason Statham became the world's biggest B-movie star.

Here's how "The Mentalist" became a hit. "Familiar and unremarkable" seems to be the ticket.

Thief returns stolen car. Got tired of the victim calling him. A lot. Then he gave up.

A shoutout to "Ball Four". I still remember Jim Bouton's manager, Joe Schultz, and his favorite curse word: "Shitfuck."

Julia Stiles talks about her new haunt, Citi Field. Quotes like "...but the only place you'll find a quicker ladies room is at a Rush concert -- I know from experience." and "...but honestly -- fish at a baseball game? The Mets don't even have a single Japanese player on their roster, and New York is known for its hot dogs. Period." I like her.

Tyler Hamilton basically throws in the towel. A pretty sad story.

Exercise Yard

A long read about Todd Marinovich. Mankok, be very careful next week, when drafting.

Visitor

41 Across: "Platoon" actor Willem (5 letters) Answer: Dafoe

No comments: