Saturday, April 25, 2009

Wasn't planning on doing much of anything last night. I got a call from Jimmy Donovan reminding me that my Browns payment for season tickets is due next week. Had to wash dishes. But then Cousin Barb came to the rescue with Indians tickets. "F-R-E-E, that spells free..." So, I went to my favorite type of Indians game. You know, the kind with fireworks after. If this town could manufacture exploding dollar hot dogs, they would sell out every game.

Speaking of dogs, my post on hot dog prices was a bit hasty the other day. We found that variable pricing exists for the red hots. Ranging from $3.00 to $4-something for regular dogs. Koshers go for $5, with the super (grilled with onions) going for $6.50. Cannot determine why the prices are what they are, but only Cleveland can sell hot dogs a la a wine list.

As for the game, well, that's nothing new. Fausto Carmona looked better. But he gave up a monster homer to Justin Morneau. Strike outs were up and he didn't walk many. Rafael Betancourt, who still comes into the game via "Conquest" by the White Stripes", still sucks. And then he does it such an agonizingly slow way to take the steam out of everyone. When he left, it was 5-1, and that's how it ended. Vinnie Chulk gave us two innings of Chulk-A-Mania to close it out.

The Indians have played 7 home games. I have attended 3. They have lost all 3. Although, it did not rain this time. Matter of fact, it was stealing to get 80 degrees at an April game. Anyhow, Tribe loses, 5-1. Again.

WARNING: My Dad and I are at Sunday's game with cheap StubHub tickets behind home plate. Bet accordingly.

Meal of Links

Top 10 Album Openers of the '90s. Decent list with listening capability.

More about torture.

Super Bowl in London? I'd bet the first year it's there, the Browns will make it. Depriving the loyalists of an opportunity to see the game in person.

A Far Cry From "This Is My Town"



Exercise Yard

Heading over to Paul's later for the NFL Draft. Yes, Lord Football rules even on an 80-degree April day in Cleveland. The final mock draft of Rick Gosselin.

BTW, for all of the chatter out there, if the Browns do not make a trade or two and simply go with the picks they have, I think we will all be disappointed. Let the ManKok Era begin!

Visitor

57 Across: London-born supermodel (8 letters) Answer: Kate Moss

No comments: