Sunday, March 01, 2009

Paul Harvey died yesterday. I gotta say, I didn't like his politics, but I was a fan of the old coot. He used to be on at 8:25 or 8:30 in the a.m and had a longer 15-minute read around Noon, I believe. And, of course, there was "The Rest of the Story". It's really quite weird that he was probably one of the few voices you heard as a kid that was still on the radio this century.

I know he was still on several stations nationally, but 1100 put him out to pasture a few years ago when they switched to Fox Radio. Syndicated radio programs made it difficult to find a spot for him. But I always liked the way he read his commercials for Wal-Mart "You couldn't ask for a better neighbor." and Citracal "The cit is for citrus, the cal is for calcium. Ci...tra-cal." And, of course, "True-Value."

“Paul Harvey......Good Day!”

Meal of Links

They have found the Garden of Eden. Well, maybe. Regardless, a great archaeological find.

Why hair goes gray. And it has nothing to do with local sports.

Here is a free Allstate-sponsored one-day pass to Sam's Club. And they'll waive the normal non-member 10% surcharge. Might be worth checking out.

How Obama is framing the narrative of the reforms he wants to promote. Everyone is on notice.

Exercise Yard

I was seeking out some Indians tickets yesterday. What surprised me is the best seats in the house are actually half price for 12 games (including the Boston series) in April and May. I think they finally got the message that a filled seat at any price is better than an empty one.

Visitor

None, it's Sunday.

No comments: