Saturday, February 28, 2009

Thanks to the Jonas Brothers, it was early showtimes at some of the local cinemas. So I grabbed my Dad and went to the Cinemark in the Valley to see "Taken" this morning. This is another of the Luc Besson-penned action flicks. It starred Liam Neeson, who we last saw get this physical in the first "Batman" with Christian Bale.

Good old Liam is retired from the CIA. You know the type, good family man, his hands are lethal weapons, he has access to government officials around the globe, contacts in his old agency, etc. But this was a lot of fun, because plot (his daughter was getting sold into slavery by Albanians in Paris) didn't get in the way of all the A-Team violence going on. I think he accounted for maybe 40 deaths on his own. Even with lots of fists and ammo flying in his direction. And drove around in an Audi like Frank Martin for his big "chase a boat" scene.

This more than made up for the disaster that Besson crapped the bed in with "Transporter: 3".

Meal of Links

Buy domain names like the pros. I would think it would be difficult to find a good one, but that's why I don't own any.

Maury, Steve and Springer are all moving to Connecticut. Go east, young freaks.

Another Google Maps Classic.

I refuse to believe Joaquin Phoenix is mentally ill. Seriously, he's having a laugh.

McDonald's sticks with Coke. Although I think a Big Mac and a Diet Mountain Dew would be a wonderful experiment.

Exercise Yard

The Browns traded Kellen Winslow yesterday. I really liked the guy (I'll miss that cartwheel he did in 2007) and thought he was really good...when he was healthy. That's one thing Eric Mangini learned from Bill Belichick. You can't rely on injured players, so dump 'em.

Still not sold that we'll be better off without him, but I understand the move. I think he was one of the few Browns who actually wanted to win.

Visitor

49 Across: He played Henry VIII in "The Other Boleyn Girl" (8 letters) Answer: Eric Bana

No comments: