Thursday, February 19, 2009

Browns Update:

Are they done yet? To bring you up to speed, here is how the Browns have been letting me know they still exist.

They announced a price freeze for season tickets.

On that same day, they e-mailed me with four options on how to pay.

Later that day, I got a robocall from Eric Mangini.

This past weekend, I got the mailer (with enclosed invoice) on season tickets.

Yesterday, 15-minute survey via e-mail. Of course, I filled it out.

I'm waiting for Randy Lerner to send me some Aston Villa tickets.

Meal of Links

Roger Ebert writes fondly about Gene Siskel. It's been 10 years since Siskel passed away and Roger turns a neat phrase or two regarding his late friend.

Maybe it's time for "RockStar:INXS 2". J.D. got the boot after 4 years and he's back living in his car.

10 songs about cigarettes. The two standouts are Patsy Cline's "Three Cigarettes in an Ashtray" and "Cigarettes and Alcohol" which may be my favorite Oasis song. T. Rex start and lines like "I was lookin' for some ac-shee-an but all I found was cigarettes and alcohol..."

The Unabomber was right. You can't only eat just one. No, his theory about technology was right.

Exercise Yard

You're old. You live in Minnesota. In an assisted living facility. You think, great, the old wrestler Verne Gagne is my roommate! But he has Alzheimer's. Then he forgets he's not a wrestler anymore. And he slaps the Figure Four on you. Then you die. That's no way to be counted out.

Visitor

25 Down: Helmut of Germany (4 letters) Answer: Kohl

No comments: