Saturday, January 24, 2009

Since it has been so cold lately, I've been employing the Cocomotion machine (I was an early adopter) a lot. Dump the cocoa into water and add marshmallow creme and watch it spin. It's a neat device.

I've been using the Land O'Lakes Cocoa brand for a while now. Lots of different flavors and most of them pretty good. Cook's Illustrated rates the Supreme flavor the best chocolate cocoa mix out there and that's no lie. Anyhow, Giant Eagle had a sale display last week that had flavors I had not seen before (I usually get mine at Marc's, where they are cheap). And, I must say, that Butterscotch flavor was unbelievably good. I also picked up a couple of Creme Brulees to try. Look for 'em at 2 for a dolla at the Iggle.

Meal of Links

Seems Obama was serious about Pakistan. He obviously wants to get Bin Laden.

Men's Fitness places Cleveland in the Top 15 Fittest Cities (don't say that fast). In other news, Editor & Publisher rates the staff of Men's Fitness as having the worst eyesight.

Do you remember the All-Sports Band? Thankfully, I don't.

Here is a rather cool short film:


A Thousand Words from Ted Chung on Vimeo.

Exercise Yard

The infamous mural that Eric Mangini asked to be removed at Browns HQ:



It's easy to see how it would offend some Browns acolytes. But, really, it doesn't appear that wall has been updated since Mangini was here last time. I mean the wall stops at Eric Metcalf, who last played here in 1994. That speaks volume about the new Browns. I'm not glad it got removed, I'm just sayin' I understand why it did.

Visitor

34 Down: "Schelomo" composer (5 letters) Answer: Bloch

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this blog. I really like the way you lay it out, the colors, and the content. Please check out Top 3 Recession Grants and let me know what you think!

Top 3 Recession Grants

Students, Citizens, Immigrants