Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Most of my snow came today after 7:00 a.m. I thought overnight I didn't fare too badly, but decided to work from home. Anyhow, I got out there about 7:30 to start my shoveling and it wasn't too bad. But from about 8:15 to 1:00, I got absolutely pounded with snow.

Some guy was driving around offering snowblowing around 9:30, so I hit him up for that and told him to come back a few hours later. And he did. But, by God, it was still snowing by me until about 3:00. So, I had to clean that off and wouldn't you know the city sent not a plow, but a grater by just then. Of course, he dumped the requisite snow at the end of the driveway, at least a foot-and-a-half. At least I was already out there and pushed all of that aside.

Finally, about 5:30, I decided to do one last scrape. I was actually heading out to grab some Chinese food because the streets were as clear as they had been all day. Then the dreaded plow appeared. He passed once and thankfully, didn't mess up the drive. I was gone maybe 20 minutes. Upon my return...once more, the wall of snow. Again with the driveway. So, I think I'm done with the clearing for now.

He says hopefully.

Meal of Links

How to nap. Now this seems easy, but I guess there's a science to it. Trust me, I get into REM pretty quickly during a nap and get into that creative thinking aka dreaming, but I can't seem to confine it to 45 minutes. Speaking of creativity, I had a dream last night that involved Manny Ramirez, an underground restaurant and a business card. Don't ask.

David Letterman is showing the censored Bill Hicks routine this Friday. I salute Dave on this, it's a very cool gesture. Even Twitter will have feeds for #billhicksday on February 26, the 15th anniversary of his death. There also is a family-approved doc coming out.

A chat with Ira Glass.

This seems silly. Doesn't it?

The Top 10 Worst Movie Edits. My all-time favorite was the network premiere of "Caddyshack". After the victorious golf match, Rodney yells, "Hey everybody, we're all gonna get laid." in the movie version. The TV version had him yell, "Come on everybody, let's take a shower."

Exercise Yard

The MAC and ESPN sign a long-term deal. That's a good thing.

Visitor

37 Across: Maker of Flip-Flop waffles (4 letters) Answer: Eggo

No comments: