Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I saw someone today with a Fleetwood Mac vanity plate and I started to think about their upcoming visit to Quicken Loans Arena. Would you pay top price to see them, which is $150? I think the other price tiers are $80 and $50, but I have no idea where those seats are. Wouldn't mind seeing them, but I can't fathom going at that rate. So, if my feeling is the prevailing one around town, would you be able to cop cheap tickets come showtime?

I dunno, I think of the great bands I've seen locally for a lot less money. And then I have this nagging fear about our town which has so many tours skipping us over the last several years. I mean, is this our future? Are we going to get stuck with these nostalgia acts or geezer rock all the time?

I understand that downloading has effectively killed what used to be cash cows for these bands and they now they make most of their money via the concert circuit. It makes me wonder what U2 will charge this time out. I've already seen them at $130, then $160. Given the economy, will they even try for $200?

Meal of Links

One of my favorite music lists is now out. It's the 2008 Pazz + Jop Poll from the Village Voice.

The front pages of all the newspapers covering Obama's inauguration. And yes, he was bulletproof.

Gordon Ramsay gets hit by the credit crunch. And other scandals.

Caroline Kennedy drops out of the contest for the Senate seat in New York. Did she really want it anyhow?

Exercise Yard

Top 10 wrestlers of all-time. "To be the best, you gotta beat the best. Whoo-o-o-o-o-o-o!"

Hey, I liked George "The Animal" Steele, but there is no way in hell he is No. 10. Barely cracks the Top 50. Even the Iron Sheik and his "Gene Mean" act were better than him.

Visitor

35 Across: "High Voltage" rock band (4 letters) Answer: AC/DC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember Cleveland is the Lite Rock Capital of the world.By the way world series of rock featuring Eddie Money Bob Welch The Cars
Fleetwood Mac and the infamous guy who fell through the hole in the screen behind home plate" I wanted to know what a foul ball felt like"
-----------------------JMK